The School Health/Nurse Cooperative is essential to the health and well-being of students, families, and staff. Region 2 wants to provide school districts with regional nursing and school health support, resources, and professional development opportunities to further school nursing practices. The School Health/Nurse cooperative will provide:
- Ongoing technical support to all aspects of schools and districts, especially school nurses/school health professionals and School Health Advisory Councils (SHACs) at a free or discounted rate.
- Maintain a networking system among ESC-2 districts for information dissemination and program support.
- Direct consultation with LEAs on all medical or nursing topics that affect daily school operations.
These are some of the courses that ESC 2 Health Services will be offering.
- Clinic Substitute Training session
- Individualized Healthcare Plan (IHP) Writing 101 session
- "The Chaos that is Immunization Records" session
- Vision and Hearing Recertification (Traditional) session
- Vision and Hearing Recertification (Provisional) session
- "Grandparents Raising Grandchildren" (Geriatric Health Issues) session
- Human Trafficking Awareness and Prevention Training Session
- Unlicensed Diabetes Care Assistant (UDCA) Training AM session
- Unlicensed Diabetes Care Assistant (UDCA) Training PM session
- Vision Screener Certification session
- Hearing Screener Certification session